Friday, October 9, 2009

Swiper-NOT the Dora the Explorer kind!


This morning was one of those mornings I thought.....just stay in bed. A natural disaster struck my house again-by the name of HURRICANE EMMA. It typically strikes our house when I already have a million things on my to-do list. Hmmmmm????? I should probably learn from my mistakes and take preventative measures against the "storm" next time! Oh well-such is life with a 2 year old dying to play outside (but not able to when her backyard is torn up). We left to run a few errands...just your typical-Redbox returns at the grocery store, send off mail in the drive up drop box at the Post Office.....BOOOOOORING for the kids???? Yes-until we went to Ellensburg Embroidery to pick up EmmaLee's Alice In Wonderland costume (Grandma Chris made it for her for halloween and we were having "Alice" embroidered onto the bottom hem of the apron). When Pam showed her the finished product she squealed with delight and hugged her dress saying "Oh Alice!" Whew! That was keeping her occupied...FINALLY! Or so I thought....what you should know is that Ellensburg Embroidery shop is filled with all sorts of fun gadgets, super cute home decor items, handmade jewelry, and other shabby chic items. Emma adores looking at all the "pretties" that Pam has to offer in her store...that's where the story goes wrong. I was busy talking with Bryce and signing my receipt and thinking about where we needed to head next-you know, typical MOM stuff. We headed out to the car and EmmaLee was walking in front of Bryce and I with this weird "fashion runway" type of strut-which was just.....odd. I asked her why she was walking like that and she said "I pitty momma!" and proceeded to proudly display her wrist to me. On it was one of those boutique items I was talking about earlier....a silver watch encrusted with little diamond gems and gold pony emblems. HELLO! Of course it caught her eye! What girl doesn't like diamonds? Well crap-now I was already late for the function we had to get to so Em got a quick lecture about how that was naughty (which she looked confused as to WHY?) and now she and I have yet another torturous trip BACK to the store so Em can give back her "swiped" item!

It was bound to happen sometime....at least she's 2 and not 12 right? Oh man-Pray for me!
-Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive