Thursday, October 29, 2009

Frivolous & Frightening Fun!

Today was the Stepping Stones Academy Preschool Halloween Party! Boy it was a lot of work, but worth it-SOOOOO much fun! Check out some of the festivities we had going on....
This is my take on the previous post (where I found the ideas I wanted to use...)

Mummy Cups-Witches Brew-Dog Bone stamping Skeletons and Baby Food Jar Pumpkin Votives....



We started our day with the FUNNEST thing that I found just by chance at Fred Meyer last night! COLOR CHANGING CHEETOS!!! Who would have thought. I pretended to cast a spell on them and said "Bibbity-bobbity-BOO...Change their tounges to BLUE!" I passed out the seemingly normal looking and tasting cheetos and the kids proceeded to eat them merrily...and then.....BLUE TONGUES galore! It was great fun! Marissa is still asking me how I did it! Ha, ha, ha-I'll never tell!

Stations were set up all over the classroom and the students rotated to each one-by the end of the morning they were able to complete every project available to them-as you can see, they were quite content completing the tasks themselves...

 I made each of the kids a "Gunny Bag" monster to share with their families. It was something my little sisters did at "Joyschool" when they were younger. Cute idea for helping the kiddos to remember to pick up their toys or else.... the little song that goes with it was put in the package too-because I KNOW every parent just wants to go around singing the "Gunny Bag" song all day! Gunny is a monster who eats toys-so I thought it went well with the halloween thing we had going on!

We brewed some bubbling Goblin Goo (Green Hawaiian Punch & dry ice) in my witches cauldron and then the kids drank it out of Science Beaker glasses containing floating ice cubes with eye balls & skeleton bones frozen in the middle-decorated Candy Corn Star cupcakes (there were layers of Orange and Yellow cake & the kids decorated with White frosting & sugar sparkles topped with spider rings!)-snacked on Donut Hole FORKED eyeballs- made Homemade moon sand (one of the kids made a handprint in theirs..too cute!)



I was stared at by some students, made others giggle with delight, and thought to look completely normal in my Maleficent Dragon cotume-I admit-I CAN be dragon-like at times but gesh! Emma was thrilled to get to be Alice again, and Dumbo could care less....I had wonderful parent helpers come in and make my life easier too!


All of the activities were totally kid friendly and I would do it all again in a heartbeat-some GREAT projects-which are my students FAVORITE part of preschool according to every poll I ever give them!


We ended our day by adding Mint Mentos Candy to a 2 liter bottle of Coke! The kids watched in amazement as the gyser of sugary goodness shot out like a rocket! A GREAT morning and beginning to the halloween madness we enjoy every October 31st! Happy Halloween Everyone!


2 comments:

  1. All I can say is...WOW!!! You are just amazing! LOVE your costume. I have ALWAYS wanted a Maleficent costume! Where did you get it???

    ReplyDelete
  2. $30 on Ebay-crow staff included! My FAVORITE store! lol!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive