Sunday, September 5, 2010

In The Rodeo Parade!

Business is NOT exactly "booming" these days, so I had to do something to reach out to people in town & advertise my business. This "stay at home & work" mom's gotta do what it takes!
What better way to reach practically EVERYONE in town than at the Ellensburg Rodeo Parade? The entrance fee was a lot higher than I expected, but I am hoping it pays off in the long run.
I enlisted the help of some great friends who just so happen to be creative! Together we made a float using our Tundra and a flat bed trailer. The theme was "Favorite Children's Books". I think it turned out alright. The plan was to represent: Chica Chica Boom Boom, The Very Hungry Caterpillar and The Cat in the Hat. Notice I said "THE PLAN" :)
Ellensburg decided to provide us with their typical wind and so strong gusts made our super cute alphabet palm trees topple over and the Dr. Seuss hats impossible for the kids to wear. Bummer.
(Those would be our Chicka Palms in the background, decrepit and ready to bite the dust!)
Students past & present were invited to ride along in the parade. They all wore their school shirts or our school color and waved metallic pom poms that I bought for the event. At the last minute Adrienne showed up at my door with 15 bubble guns for each of the kids to play with while riding the float. One of our "giveaways" was bubbles, so I thought it was fitting.
The bubble guns were a HUUUUUUUGE hit-both with my students AND the crowd! We'll be using these puppies every year I guess. :) And P.S.-they are the best bubble guns you'll ever find. Cheap enough and they create a continuous stream of bubbles! You can find them at extremeglow.com!
Parents walked behind holding our new school banner (a FANTASTIC DEAL through Vistaprint.com), and handed out our school logo items such as: bubbles, mini waters, metallic blue pinwheels & business card coupons!
Now just pray that it brings in some business-because we'd like to stay above water without the use of our credit card while Mike finishes the last leg of his certification! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive