Sunday, September 12, 2010

31 is the new 20 :)

Happy Birthday to our awesome Dadda! The big 3-1 yesterday. Unfortunately Mike had to work a football game all afternoon, so I went to Bremerton for a quick trip & photo shoot/girl talk day with my friend of 14 years-Tishala. She moved back to Silverdale recently with her 2 cute kiddies and asked if I would take pictures of she & her girls??? Of course! I LOVE to use my camera :)
I dropped my munchkins off with their grandparents for a few hours-& I was off! Tishala & I grabbed a Starbucks & headed to the pier for the photo shoot with the babes. I think they turned out pretty cute.
On the way home, I picked up some Azteca & Chevy's Salsa for Mike-afterall, it IS his birthday :) Emma & Bryce sang the happy birthday song the whole way home, and Emma was bursting to give Mike the gift she picked out at Costco weeks ago....a Seahawks Snuggie! Not a joke people-he asked for a snuggie-and his 3 year old found him the perfect one for him! :)
No sooner did I get home with the treats & Mike puts the Azteca in the fridge but DOWNS 3/4 of the pint of salsa, then precedes to ask if he can request a special birthday snack for watching football with....Cheesy Corn Bites. ha ha ha-the first time I made these for one of the guys' football get-togethers, Mike was hesitant, tried a bite and then ate the ENTIRE tray-now he can't get enough. Duh! They are SUPER yummy and easy peasy.
Cheesy Corn Bites
by Kristi Martone

-1 bag Tostitos Scoop Chips

-8 oz. cream cheese
-1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
-1 egg
-1/2 cup green salsa
-1 can corn
Mix all ingredients together and use mixture to fill chips by teaspoonful. Set on baking tray & bake @400 until bubbly! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive