Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sweet Summer Projects

I always have to have something up my sleeve-if I'm not "creating" I get very bored and in sets...bum, bum, bum......DEPRESSION! Ew. So, in order to avoid the latter-I fill my summers up with lots of hands on stuff to do! This is also the reason why I hold "Summer Camp" for my preschoolers. 
Anywhooo. Here's what I hope to accomplish:
1. How GORGEOUS is this milk can style pottery??? Gotta find me somethin' similar-I guess I'll be hitting up lots of swap meets with my mom, craigslist & yardsales huh? Good thing I thoroughly enjoy bargain hunting!
2. This is without a doubt-the best of the "shabby chic" as far as bakers cabinets go....and I want one just like it.....so-yard sale people beware-I'm on my way!

3. Found this idea on one of the blogs I "stalk" :)....SO stinkin cute. Now I just gotta find me some shutters to beat the tar out of, paint, sand & stain. :) I think I'll skip the bright yellow ribbon on the wreath though-that's a tad "over the top" for me...so are the oak colored frames (shhhhh-it's a secret-I HATE oak colored ANYTHING) Black? Yes please!
4. See the 3D look of these high end cabinets??? Ummm-don't laugh yet-I want to attempt that with the NASTY things holding our crappy kitchen goods. :) I especially love the shelf over the hood. So cool. If only I could figure out a way to get rid of the "motorcycle trailer" walls that enclose my kitchen??? Any ideas??? 
I'm not kidding people-I looked it up-the walls are covered in-and I quote- "white vinyl insulation board over-lay....maintenance free and easy to clean." That's great people-FOR A BIKE TRAILER-not my kitchen....see for yourself-this is what it looks like in my kitchen....the metal trimming and all! 
What in the name of pete were those previous owners thinking? Since the day we moved in-this kitchen has been my arch nemesis. We really don't appreciate each other-at all!
So off I go-to my happy place of "creating" crap. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive