Friday, July 30, 2010

Beverly Hills 90210-Day 2

Day 2-
After a night of literally no sleep-due to attack of the ants, etc. we headed down to the dirty stinky lobby where we were bombarded with a billion other people waiting for breakfast of a “donut”. Not our cup of tea, so we skipped that meal and walked right past them to our car-lol

At one of the malls in Westwood, Mom went nuts at the Disney Store getting stuff for the kids. ☺ We got our “kicks” driving down Route 66-we decided we needed to bring the kiddos back here during the evening sometime....the entire Santa Monica Blvd. is lit up with vintage neon signs (just like in the Pixar movie CARS) My kids would be thrilled! Drove along Rodeo Dr. looking for Tiffany’s so I could get my ring cleaned, but eventually gave up…too many other things we wanted to do.
We were on a mission to find the memorial/burial sites of some of my favorite celebs so we could pay tribute-Marilyn Monroe, Natalie Wood, Dean Martin and we can’t forget Michael Jackson. J It was actually quite a peaceful experience…not really what I expected. 
Horseback Riding through Griffith Park was a definite highlight for mom. I haven’t seen her this thrilled in a long time! We had our own horses and took an hour-long ride for only $20! My horse was the most stubborn animal I’ve ever met-and as far as my body after the ride…..let’s just say that Western saddles are a pain in the GROIN! These bruises will take DAYS to heal. Lol-
Grabbed some dinner at my all time favorite So Cal dining spot-In & Out! (Again…sorry Mike L) and were SOOOOO ready for a comfy & CLEAN night @ the Hampton Inn & Suites in Thousand Oaks. It did NOT disappoint! J 

1 comment:

  1. First, your pictures made me smile.
    Then, the background music on your site made me die and started a mini-karaoke fest in my living room. "Sometimes" by Britney Spears. Does it count as a classic yet??

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive