Thursday, July 8, 2010

Infatuation

EmmaLee has LOVED having Steph here. Last night she bugged her to no end: she wanted Steph to dress up with her, play My Little Ponies with her, be a pretend shopkeeper with her, etc. Poor Steph....
What did Steph really want to do-sit & chill with Pey Pey. That worked out well for him. He was in HEAVEN!


















Today was the first day of "Ice Age-Dawn of the Dinosaurs" Summer Camp at Preschool! Can you tell Em hated every minute? lol



For our first Camp outing we went to a U-Pick berry place in West Valley-Yakima. It was 97 degrees out when we started picking and 102 when we left! YOWZERS! Of course I was that mom who got out of the truck and sprayed each one of my kids with sunscreen and then my students too. Hey, I'm protective-I couldn't have my preschool munchkins fried on our first trip! Even though it was blasted hot-there was not one complaint about it from the kids-they were having the time of their lives. Steph has decided she would like to save her Raspberries for Grandma to make her some sorbet when she gets home. She worked hard to harvest those things-she's not givin' them up for anything but an extra special treat I guess!

Mike was TOTALLY into the Raspberry picking-once again-he even got the owner of the place to offer him some free starters for our garden. Mike is OVER THE MOON! I told you he loves these things right??? Bryce on the other hand-not so much. Look at that face-pure bliss huh?
Stephanie decided that she wanted to have her birthday meal at Olive Garden-she was craving the yummy salad they have there. So we ventured to my old stompin' grounds....that place paid my rent & car payments through most of my college years. We have never taken Em & B to the O.G-so this was their first rodeo! 
Don't let his face fool you-he was ALL ABOUT it! Seriously....

See-told ya! Yummi Ghetti! Gets um EVERY time!

Since it was so flippin' hot-we promised Steph we'd put up the Little Tikes Water Slide...even Mike got in his swim suit for the occasion!
Bryce-got on another kind of suit....as usual!
We bought this SUPER DOOPER SWEET Step 2 Pool & Slide combo from a gal off Craigslist. They were discontinued years ago-but they are priceless! No more blown up pools that last 3.2 seconds. The dogs & kids can have a hay-day and there is nothin' to worry about! Plus-Bryce is quite infatuated with the attached slide & little seats inside the pool. Everything is just his size!
Hmmmmm-spoke too soon about the whole inflatable thing I guess-dang Brinkley decided she needed to cool down too-so she simply walked over and plopped herself next to Em & Steph in the blow up pool....ugh. Come on! Are you kidding me? It's supposed to be SWEALTERING tomorrow too. Oh my....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive