Thursday, July 29, 2010

Happy to be home in Cali...

Day 1 of our Thelma & Louise -Mother /Daughter Road Trip–
Got up early and headed out from Valley Center-cruisin down the 5 to Santa Monica. Since I planned the itinerary and only had mom with me, I knew she’d be as excited as me to stop at the Lakeshore Outlet near L.A!!! Man, I got sucked in…had to make a few decisions on things to put back (let’s not spend ALL the trip money at the first stop! Lol)
Then we stopped at the Santa Monica Pier-also known as the end of historical Route 66. What a happenin’ place. Never a dull moment in Los Angeles. Even saw Cat Woman, a Playboy Bunny, Mickey Mouse, Elmo and Iron Man on the boardwalk! Ha ha ha. The sand felt so good between under my feet and the fresh smell of the air off the ocean made me homesick-but so happy to be back.










The Greystone Mansion was a stunning place. Originally built by Mr. Doheny (an original contributing community member of the Beverly Hills neighborhood) as a gift for his son.  After his death, the house was given to the City of Beverly Hills and is now used as a public park/museum. Used in lots of movies too like Indecent Proposal!










The Grove-my all time favorite LA shopping spot-had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory (sorry poobee), cruised the Farmers Market, introduced my mom to the latest technology of the Apple ipad (hilarious), and stayed for a little bit of a movie in the park!







The accommodations @ SUPER 8 were “interesting”-it got ok reviews online, and we needed to save money for better parts of the trip, but….NEVER again! I’m a hotel snob-I am ok admitting it. Just can’t do the “Super 8” thing-no matter HOW much money it saves you in the middle of Hollywood! Let’s just say this about it: ants in the bed (THE BED!!!!) and the bathroom, a strange “creamy” looking stain on the blanket (which is AFTER we had already pulled the comforter off and onto the floor-I’m weird about hotel comforters….), and the nastiest looking carpet of your life! Mom and I laughed and laughed about the state of this place and the fact that we forgot our pillows at home on top of it (another thing I am weird about)-at least it was safe-but that’s ALL it was…. Ah the memories, we are still itching just thinking about the ants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive