Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Blowin' in the Wind

EmmaLee was so cute tonight-I had to write this memory down before I forget it. We took the kids to McDonalds for a fun dinner and to blow off some steam in the play structure. Oddly-Emma bypassed the toys and sat at one of the outdoor tables and stared at the huge american flag that was beautifully waving in the breeze. I asked "What cha' doin' sis?" and her reply was too cute....she looked at me, smiled and said "Look Momma-It's like my grandpa. Remember? He's my friend.....and my Grammie". Goes to show, she takes it all in, and has an incredible memory. She was remembering back to when she saw my dad on the ship in Everett back in April. Amazing. I am so glad she connects my dad with our flag-and I think he would be proud too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive