Saturday, April 17, 2010

Date Night on Date Night

So yesterday Mike totally surprised me and expressed the following:

  • 1. Would I like to go on a date on Saturday?
  • 2. He asked around, found a new babysitter and had her all lined up.
  • 3. Suggested we go see the movie "Date Night".

All of the above are shockers! I was totally excited. Then the best part was, the babysitter ROCKED! Her name is Hailey and she showed up at the door with her mom 15 minutes early, so she could meet the kids and let them get comfortable with her before we left! Cool....then she opened up a little "American Girl" babysitting binder and handed me a notepad. On it were important questions about allergies, emergency contacts, etc. WOW! Impressive. So I left for the movie TOTALLY relaxed that everything was going to be ok. I had told my neighbor & friend Lynette that we had a babysitter at the house just as a heads up (I always do) but for once, I actually was "chill" about the whole thing.
The movie was rediculously fantastic! Mike and I almost peed our pants. We laughed so hard we were practically choking! A definite recommendation for ANY married couple out on a "date night".
So we came home after some good laughs, and great company, to what typically can be disasterous.....
Instead we found:

  • 1. our kids totally content & happy
  • 2. our house still in tact
  • 3. a great report from our sitter on the counter!

How cute is she! So responsible and mature-taking her babysitting job seriously....Hailey-where have you been my whole life? She reminded me of myself at that age...all ready to go babysit with my info pads mom had bought for me, and a box filled with stickers, puppets and treats for the kids. I wondered if anyone was raising their little girls like this anymore? I am delighted to report....YES!

1 comment:

  1. How awesome is Hailey?!?!?!?! I LOVE the "report" sheet she had for you when you got back home. Your Dad took me to see Date Night too...the pole dancing part...LMAO!!! I thought your Dad was going to crap himself from laughing.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive