Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mickey Mouse Ears


I am going to run the risk of making myself look like a total crap parent here by admitting that I am indeed...human.
We all know the beloved, innocent Disney rodant with a heart of gold and ears that are 2nd to Dumbo in size-big enough to hear EVERYTHING (both things one should and shouldn't not)....um-yeah, my Em has those now. BOOOOOO!
It really brings things I say to light, and things she sees/hears on t.v or in public. Oh my goodness.
Those wonderful Mickey Mouse ears had her walking around all weekend saying "Oh Shit" and "Oh My GOD" (one that I absolutely despise and did NOT come from anywhere in this house).

Now-when this has happened in the past with other children (like at preschool) I have laughed in my mind and then kindly reminded the child that we don't say "said word" because it's not a nice thing to say. However, when it happened with my own child-Mike and I stood their dumb-founded for what felt like an eternity. She had NO CLUE that it was bad,  she just used it matter of fact like and went on with her business. So we let it go in the hopes that not bringing attention to it would make it GO AWAY! Alas-no beans. She reffered to the not so pleasant poop word over and over-and sadly-in context everytime. One of the major problems with this is-she is 2 and is being raised by two parents with Masters degrees-so you'd THINK we'd have much better vocabulary skills than what we must use.

I want to crawl in a hole and die! Needless to say-we talked to her and explained that it is not nice to say that and it is a bad word. Mommy and Daddy shouldn't talk like that and we are sorry. We are now (thanks to Em) MUCH more aware of what we say, especially around her. If we can keep those things from coming out of our mouths while we have our "teacher" hats on, then we certainly can when we have our "parent" hats on. Geeesh. Now you can judge me all you want-but just wait....karma is a..... (oops-there I go again! Just kidding-lol)

1 comment:

  1. I know it's horribly wrong of me to be laughing...but, well, what can I say, it is just a little hilarious! Give her a kiss from Grammie...and don't forget Bryce too!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive