Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cake Decorator Extraordinaire!

My wanted new title....
I went to Michaels a few weeks ago and picked out supplies for my new hobby-cake decorating! I have NO CLUE what I am doing with the tools-I only know that I've always wanted to try it, but my apprehension has pulled me back all this time.
Well-I've been practicing and practicing for Em's upcoming birthday. She's having a Pirate/Tinkerbell party, so I get the fun job of making a treasure chest cake. With my personality-not just any cake will do! This cake needs to be big enough to make a statement, but small enough to be her personal cake. It needs to be exploding with "treasures"-some edible and some not...but most of all-it needs to LOOK like a treasure chest...
I've been stupid and started watching Ace of Cakes on HGTV, which only makes me more nervous-duh, I'll NEVER amount to that on the first go round, but I do have a new appreciation for the show :)

(ummm....yeah-that is a CAKE they made of Yankee Stadium...)


(oh-and that is another one of their CAKE masterpieces- a replica of my very camera. See what I mean about intimidating??)
I downloaded a recipe for fondant and practiced making Tinkerbell shoes as toppers for some of the cupcakes from this super cute idea I found....I have to say I didn't do too bad with my test run! I'll post the end product when Em's party rolls around





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive