Friday, October 12, 2012

Teaching Chemistry to Kinders

I am NOT a chemistry expert. Nor am I a chemistry teacher-however, I CAN cover the basics with kids. I am pretty good at "introducing" concepts. ha ha ha
Today I was invited to teach EmmaLee's kindergarten class how to EXPLODE a PUMPKIN! It also happened to be EmmaLee's special snack day-which made it an extra special day all around for Miss Em.
I made up a worksheet for my preschoolers & some of the basic periodic table symbols on giant flashcards for my science lessons. I LOVE how they turned out-by the end of the year, maybe my preschoolers will know a total of 10 elements, but THAT is a great start! Both tools came in quite handy during the kinder lesson today.




white duct tape-who knew? :) Emma even made them herself!











I had such a fun day in Em's classroom today. Can't wait for the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive