Saturday, October 27, 2012

Special Visitors!

Thursday night we found out that Mike's parents were going to be able to come to town on Saturday to see the kids' soccer games! This is what I woke up to on Friday morning....both kids literally "whistling while they worked". They joyfully exclaimed "we cleaned our rooms, and now we are folding the laundry so we can be ready for Grandma & Papa to come today!" They were SOOOOOO excited! I thought I was dreaming-until I checked their rooms and found them spotless! A-MAZ-ING! EmmaLee had even set up a sleeping bag next to Bryce's bed and told me it was so she could sleep in there with her Grandparents.... Ummmm-how do I explain that they still have 24 hours to wait & that it wasn't an overnighter? If I did tell, it would surely squelch this fire & the child labor would cease!? Hmmmmm-what to do, what to do??? :) 



Well-I told them the truth and quickly buffered the blow with "tonight is our Harvest Fest though!" Whew! All was well-until 6am this morning, when they were opening our front door to check if said visitors had arrived yet. Good grief!
Grandma & Papa arrived in time to hand out new cozy jammies, yummy snacks & halloween goodies (how stinkin COOL is my new mantle runner Mike's mom made????- LOVE IT!) before we headed out the door to a drizzly day of soccer!








Our team is a "tad" uncoordinated. By tad I mean A WHOLE BUNCH- YIKES. It is quite comical to watch. Oh well-better luck next year. I told Mike, he is coaching NO MATTER WHAT! 
In between games, we tried to get a team pict. Tried being the operative word. Yes, that is my son on the far left. There are no words to explain it. 

After 4 or 5 attempts, I gave up.
This is as good as it gets folks!






RUN BATMAN-RUN! :)






The kids were SOOOO happy that they had their Grandparents there rooting them on from the sidelines. I don't even know which teams won today-but it was a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive