Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Munchin Spends a day away...in the Merry Ol' Land of OZ!

We spent a day in the real Emerald City...just Em and I with our good friends the Webers, and BOY what a fantastic day it was!



EmmaLee squealed with delight when she caught a glimpse of the Marquee!




She couldn't have been happier to be seeing a "new" wizard of oz show. At intermission, she told me she was hungry so we headed downstairs for a snack (that would likely break the bank) and as we waited in line with about 127 people for 10 minutes, the lights dimmed. I thought this munchkin was going to pee her pants with anticipation! She immediately said, "Im not hungry-I forgot! Come on Mom, we need to hurry! I don't want to miss it!!!!" I reassured her we'd make it in time & were really close to the register at that point. You would have thought I was speaking Chinese with the confused look she gave me. She begged to just pleeeeeeaaassse go back to our seats. NO FOOD. So-we did. And she didn't mention food again until we walked to the car :)
We had the perfect seats, right in the back-which meant she could sit as high as she wanted because no one was behind her. The ushers kept seeing her huff & complain when people would stand up & scoot out to leave throughout the performance. So she was given 2 high cushions to sit on and avoid the distraction of others :) =Happy Camper. 
And NOW-she is obsessed with Elpheba & Glinda. 
I expected so. It was GREAT!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive