Sunday, October 7, 2012

Out with the Old-In with the New

A couple weekends ago Shannon & I went yard saleing with the kids. They LOOOOOOVE to go to yard sales. lol. We picked up three furniture pieces with the plan of making a day of  redoing them all! It was great fun. SUUUUUUPER hot out at 101 degrees-but fun. I got my sewing desk & Emma's mini rolltop desk for $25 each. A steal for a rolltop in itself!
I let the kids help of course-the idea of painting was just too much for them to stand by and watch. It would kill them. :) So B & Em helped with primer (ON THE BACK SIDE OF MY DESK :) I'm not THAT nice! :) See the picture below & you'll see my reasoning. ha ha ha

lovely job right? oy vei. It was so hot out, we had to work quickly because the paint was drying as soon as it was applied! Clearly, the kids did not understand that concept. he he he
When the primer was dry, Mike came out & sprayed everything with the paint sprayer. SOOOOO much nicer looking than the brushed on look.
Everything primed ready to be painted!

This is EmmaLee's "Santa gift" for christmas.....still in the works. It is pink to match her room and has a  chalkboard paint covered writing area! For christmas it will be filled with art supplies. She will freak. At the moment, she thinks this is MY desk ;)

This is my new sewing desk....I LOOOOOOVE it. Still in the works....

This is Kirsten's extra seating/storage bench for her dorm. It turned out quite nicely!

I saw a blog idea & decided to copy it. The gal had done a "Restoration Hardware sytle" desk. I was in LOOOOOOOVE. So I emailed her and asked which supplies I should buy. She replied & I headed to Home Depot!

After the day of spraying-our air quality in Ellensburg went DOWN THE TUBES and has been that way ever since. Going on 2 months now. No joke. Ashes falling, black/brownish sky and an instant headache when you walk out the door. Needless to say-we havent been able to be outside long enough to finish mine or EmmaLee's desks yet :( I will post picts as soon as they are done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive