Monday, November 8, 2010

A Visit to Christmastown

Took our annual voyage over Blewit Pass to Leavenworth-or what my kids refer to as "Christmas-town!" Personally, I like that better so we'll go with it!
I just love pulling in to town & seeing this breathtaking fall scape!
Stopped at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for a caramel apple & chocolate covered pretzel sticks....dad ate the whole apple before anyone could get to it-thanks Mike! :)
Popped into Starbucks for the BEST caramel apple cider....Bryce is a happy camper-chocolate covered face & all. Which is WHY he is happy-not only did he eat it, he is also wearing it, and for him-the messier he is-the happier he is! This kid is ALL BOY!
Always a stop here: The Hat Shop. Oddly enough the kids chose these hats to model for the must do picture....I wonder if they still have Disney on the brain? (Heaven knows Bryce is STILL asking to go back to Sulley's house. It's been 7 days-how long can he continue the madness? He even asked to add "Moss-er Inc." to his Buzz/Woody/Incredibles party plans. ARE U KIDDING ME KID????) 
And THIS is the main reason we hit up Leavenworth every November.....our favorite year-round Christmas shop! 
Bryce was in awe of the light display....can't blame him-it is mesmerizing to behold.
The kids enjoyed gawking at the giant dancing elf figurine in the window display.
We picked out these as our ornament additions this year....LOVE them both!
In one of the antique shops we always hit up for a visit, we found this SUPER COOL witches boot! I am in LOVE LOVE LOVE with it! It is metal, and was on clearance from a halloween sale! Woo-Hoo! I'll add that to my Halloween collection thank you!
The sign in the background is one of the only thanksgiving decorations I have....gotta get better at that. To make things worse-I just made it....so we've been "thanksgivingless" around here for years! shhhhhh....he he he. Found the cute metal tray at craft warehouse-I think it was black, but I wanted it cream, so a little rattle can paint and vinyl lettering....and it's growing on me.
Our weekend in a nutshell. Happy Fall Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive