Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Daddy Date Night

Mike took the kids to see Shrek 4 all on his own last night! What a trooper. I went with them at the beginning to get everyone situated with their snacks, booster seats & blankets-then I hit the road! We timed it just right by missing all the previews-because that is valuable "butts in the seat" time that we didn't need wasted! lol
From the moment we walked into the dark theater and the kids could hear Shrek's voice-they were squealing with delight! Oh man-I had to laugh thinking about the time Mike was going to have in my absence. :) They both LOVE Shrek!
His report: they did great! There were some slow parts in the movie where the kids got a little restless, and of course they both had to use the bathroom a time or two-but luckily the theater wasn't too full, and the arcade was apparently a nice place to blow off some excess energy before heading back to finish the show.
All in all-it was a good experience for everyone involved...and Mike was able to rack up some more "Dad points".
I also know who can't wait for Toy Story 3 to come out so we can go back again too!!!

1 comment:

  1. I've said it before and I'll say it FOREVER...MIKE ROCKS!! Such a great hubby and an awesome daddy. Love his guts!

    ReplyDelete