Thursday, June 3, 2010

I Know I Can

EmmaLee went to her first preschool orientation at "I Know I Can Preschool" today. :( I have mixed emotions about it because this just means she is growing up-which is bittersweet. She has been waiting to go to her own school for quite some time. She picked to wear her new dress from Auntie Ashley and her "flop flops" with matching hair pretties for the occasion. As she held my hand up to the door, she squeezed it and said " I so sided (excited) Momma!" Karen opened the door for her and Em pretty much didn't even look back to see if I was coming in or not. She found the nametag with HER name on it-which I was proud of her for, seeing as there were 13 other nametags, and one of them even said "Emma"...but she instantly spotted the "EmmaLee" tag and put it on-then she was off exploring all the centers available. It was nice to be a fly on the wall, watching my baby be so confident and secure in herself at only 3 years old. There were plenty of kids in the room that were gripping mom's leg or wouldn't leave dad's lap.
Oh man-what will I do on her first day of school???? Will I really be one of the parents that is teary???? Me.....really? It is definitely going to be strange to be on the other side this time. Just the Momma-not the teacher. I'm sure it's going to be fine and a welcome change, but still.....

No comments:

Post a Comment