Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Little Piece of Heaven!!!

I have had the BEST birthday EVER! My pre-kinders each brought me something special from their hearts. SOOOO cute! Cash told his mom he wanted to give me "puppy lovin'" for my birthday-so he had his mom stop by for a puppy playdate with his new yellow lab puppy! Oh my goodness!!! Puppy lovin is good for the soul-I SWEAR by it. Cash-you are a gem! :) Thank you.

Then last night I got an email from Sienna's mom with a funny story about Sienna insisting on picking up a couple of things for me for my birthday today. She apologized and said they were all random and she has NO CLUE what any of them mean, but maybe I would :) Sienna was SO PROUD as she gave them to me this morning. I had to take a picture to remember this because it was the SWEETEST gift I have ever received:
  • Bag of Rubber Bands, a Sharpie, and scissors (in the sewing kit)=all things I am CONSTANTLY looking for. She said "yeah-now you don't have to find them anymore!"
  • Gigantic thermometer- S:"to measure if it is "sunny warm" outside when we do calendar time"
  • An angel- S: "to put on our class door soes you'll be safe"
  • A bottle cooler & D&M gift card- S: "for to keep all your favorite drinks cold at class!"
  • Window marker & stamp- S: "soes you can decorate our classroom beautiful like you do! And this time you can even decorate the windows too!"
Sienna-you are such a peach. I am going to miss you more than you can imagine. :)

After school, Mike took me to look at a house for fun & grab a bite to eat- while Shannon & Kirsten babysat-then we came back home for yummy "cake & ice cream"!

Instead of cake (yuck), I made myself my FAVORITE thing-Key Lime Pie! Anyone who knows me, can't deny my obsession with citrus juice-so the more lime the better! :) Mmmmmmmmm-good!
I  couldn't make my mind up on exactly what recipe I wanted to use-so I did a little "mix & match" of family recipes & blog recipes instead!

"Nothin' But A Good Time" Key Lime Pie

Crust:
1 bag Mother's Coconut Colada Cookies (crushed in food processor)
1 stick melted butter


Filling:
2 cans Sweetened Condensed Milk
10 egg yolks
1 cup Key Lime juice


Sweetened Whip Cream Frosting:

1 c. whipping cream
1/3 c. powdered sugar
Combine whipping cream and powdered sugar in a large bowl. With an electric hand mixer, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.


Combine cookie crumbs with melted butter and press into the bottom of the spring form pan. Set aside. 
Preheat oven to 350. Combine milk, egg yolks & lime juice. Pour into spring form pan. Bake 15 mins. Remove from oven &  allow to cool to room temp. Then chill in fridge until ready to serve.






Before serving, frost with sweetened whipped cream and serve with Coconut Gelato! YUMMO!


Thanks to all my loved ones for the birthday cards, wishes, phone calls and gifts! It's been a GREAT day :)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Cash and Sienna! I can't believe how thoughtful and heartfelt their gifts were!! They obviously put a lot of thought into their ideas. Very impressive for such young children...must have good parents and a great teacher!!LOL! Love the mini-Pey Pey pix. I'm so glad you had a good Birthday. You're Dad tried to call you. Your pie looks delish!

    ReplyDelete