Saturday, June 19, 2010

Another Preschool Graduation

Our 100th day of School....their hats say "I'm 100 Days Smarter!" They LOVED them!
These were too cute-I just HAD to take a picture of them. Sienna's birthday snack-BBQ cupcakes!

This year Graduation was almost my worst nightmare. The original plan was for the festivities to be held at Reed Park-a BEAUTIFUL park here in Ellensburg. The previous days weather held blue skies, temps at 77 degrees with a slight breeze in the air! PERFECTION! Wouldn't you know it-the day we have planned an outdoor ceremony-FREAK SUMMER THUNDERSTORMS!!! No joke! Luckily-one of my preschool parents is an angel-she quickly took it upon herself to call me and offer up her keys to the new church building! Whew! No rain, no wind, no hauling to haul tables & chairs to a park.....it turned out terrific in the end. I am so grateful for the love & support I receive from my "parents". Hugs to them!
The kids make handprint pictures each month that correspond with our monthly theme. They are part of our math curriculum with Shapes & Patterns-and something the kids always look forward to making on the 1st of each month. I keep them all year and make a "gift" out of them for graduation. Last year I made them into a book-this year I made a hanging wall quilt. Not just ANY wall quilt though-it's an "I SPY" one! At the bottom, there was a sticker label that said "Can you find: a toucan, a scarecrow.....etc. Considering I came up with the plan the night before-I am pretty pleased with it! (Although-it would have been nice to remember that I forgot to have the kids finish the Horse handprint-shhhhh....it has no ears and no nose! lol)
For Fathers Day-the kids presented their dad's with these gifts they made on the last day of school. Bottleneck A&W Rootbeer Float Sodas "wearing" ties that said "Pop Pop...Fizz Fizz...Oh What A Great POP You Is!"
As is tradition-all the kids had personalized cupcakes and delighted in searching the cupcake tower for THEIR name. I am happy everything turned out so well. Plus-lesson learned for years to come-FORGET relying on good weather-ALWAYS PLAN FOR INDOORS! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment