Thursday, February 4, 2010

Dear EmmaLee,

My sweet baby girl. I love you so much that it is hard to put it into words. You are a light in my life and I can't imagine a day without you. I dream about the courageous person you will become and the spunky toddler you are now. You have grown up so much this past year-Dad and I are amazed as we watch you learn and grow each day. You are:

  • a helpful big sister to your brother Bryce
  • very inquisitive and we often find you "exploring" both things you should and shouldn't
  • quick to catch on to new words and opportunities to "let your brain grow"-you've shocked me with things you've picked up from Momma's preschool (since you never sit & stay with the kids, and are in and out constantly). You know the sounds for Andy Apple, Benny Bear, Callie Cat, Fifi Fish, Larry Lion, Mimi Mouse and Peppa Pig. You know "E for Emma" and enjoy pointing it out ALL OVER TOWN and on T.V., on warnings on cords and posters, etc. You love to do schoolwork like "Find the Hidden Picture"-you even completed and entire workbook of 40 pages in 2 days without any help from Mom or Dad! You can also count to 20! Mom & Dad are very proud of you.
  • great at dressing yourself-whether playing dress up or picking out your clothes for the day. You can even match your bottoms and tops AND pick out the coordinating hair pretties! Impressive!
  • a lover of Spiderman, Scooby-Doo, Disney Princesses, Ariel, Tinkerbell and anything pirate related!
  • a great multi-tasker as you sing and dance to Disney tunes like: "Part of Your World", "Small World", "Once Upon a Dream", "You Can Fly" and let's not forget "Yo, Ho, Yo, Ho-A Pirate's Life for Me!"
  • great at reading your "Look & Find" books-you can spot the hidden characters & objects in a FLASH! 
  • a picky eater-only chippies, chocky, hice ceam and pop please! (well-maybe not that bad, but.....) :)
  • caring-you don't like to see others hurt or sad and try to console that person with a pat on the back, or a kiss on the forehead and an "it's alright honey"
  • great at playing make-believe! What an imagination you have! Sometimes you say and do the funniest things!
  • CONSTANTLY on the go! You rarely sit and watch an entire movie, you are like your momma and constantly have to be busy doing something WHILE you enjoy a good show! It's just part of being a girl I guess-gotta juggle babies AND fun (or for YOU....baby dolls and cartoons!)
  • quite animated and dramatic...and I LOVE it! You can make me laugh till it hurts on my worst of days or moods.
  • such a helper with your puppies. You let them out to go potty and bring them back in when they are done. You like to love on them and get kisses back. You call Peyton and Brinkley your "sweet things".
  • too cute when you say your "L" sound-you always change it to a "w" sound....I love hearing you say "I wove you" and "I wike it"
  • mom's special side-kick when it comes to party planning. You have enjoyed planning your last 2 birthdays with me and BEG to go through the supplies as a special treat for good behavior. This year you went through a "Birthday Express" catalog and chose a Tinkerbell & Pirate theme for your party. We've had great fun exploring all our options for decorations and favors on the internet. You've spent a lot of time smiling as you've thought about...."OHHHHH-MY PARTY!"
  • a HUGE fan of Disneyland and all the sights and sounds it has to offer (you have been since your first visit at 9 months old!)-you appreciate the fine details in things so this place is your HEAVEN, playing out in the sunshine and fun in the sand & surf at "THE BEACH!!!" These are topics you talk about constantly. :) We'll get you back to California some day soon I hope.
  • a girly girl with boyish interests too-you love nothing more than to dress up as "bibbity bobbity" (Cinderelly) adorned in jewels, pretty shoes, makeup and tiaras-all the while watching Batman or Spiderman with your brother.
I have loved you your whole life and longer. I cherish the memories we have made with you and am so pleased with the caring, spontaneous and fun loving little girl you are. Happy Birthday baby girl! Momma loves you SO much.
Love,
Your Momma

1 comment:

  1. My sweet grand-daughter EmmaLee, or Emee as I lovingly refer to you as because I wanted a special name for you to remember that your Nana called you. I was there when you were born & have watched you grow up to be the smart little lady that you are. I cannot believe 3 years has gone by so fast. You are animated, funny & grasp life with both hands. You are such a joy & a blessing. I am honored to be your Grandmother & proud to call you my grand-daughter. Love Nana Allison. XOXOXO kisses & hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive