Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Stitches to Boot!

Well anyone who thought our days of hospital visits were slowing down....you were wrong! Last night our poor Brinkley took her first emergency trip to the vet.
How did this happen?
You know how your mom used to tell you things 1 million and 1 times and you still didn't listen???? That is Mike in this situation. I could tell him to not use glass cups, glass bowls, my glass blender jug, etc. to feed the dogs from and he never listens. I went so far as to replace the glass items with special scoops just for him to use with the dogs....still, my glass items ended back in the dog food, outside on the steps for water or on the edge of the windowsill from being used as water pitcher. Grrrrr....
I explained that if one of these items ended up outside someone could hurt themselves, that would be VERY VERY bad.....still fell on deaf ears apparently because tonight Emma took the glass cup outside to "help" feed the dogs and dropped it on the snow covered patio-no shatter sounds, no glass to be seen-but it was there, and Brinkley ran right through it slicing one of her pads very badly. There was instantly blood EVERYWHERE!  I immediately felt rage that he didn't listen to me, and I wanted to cry for Binks-yet I ran to get a washcloth and medical tape quickly as Mike called the on-call vet who met him at the office 10 minutes later.


Needless to say stitches, a laid up puppy, a sobbing husband (because B is HIS special baby) and $350 later-maybe we've learned from this???? I feel bad for numerous reasons, but who do I console first- the dog, my husband or our budget? Oh the joys of being a wife and mother. :) Someone tell this train to slow down, we need a breather!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive