Monday, December 14, 2009

Mommy Daughter Date

I am so glad this crazy quarter is OVER-that means Mike comes home at normal time everyday for the next few weeks! Yay! To take advantage of it, Em & I decided to leave the boys home and we'd go out for special girl time.

The result: Disney's new "The Princess & The Frog"! When I suggested it to Em she danced with excitement and RAN to get her shoes. I had a special zip up hoodie that I had picked up at Walmart a few weeks back and had tucked away for this occasion. I normally don't do things like buy her a new outfit for  trip to the movies, but how could I pass up a $3 sweatshirt with the new princess on it-and I knew she'd LOVE it! Seriously....$3~ sweet! It's decent quality too-like you would buy at the Disney Store, so I was shocked that it wasn't marked wrong at that price!
Of course she couldn't wait to put it on and knew exactly who the princess was from all those "wonderful" t.v. advertisements she's watched for the past YEAR....it was cute to hear her squeal "Princess and the Frog! Oh wow Mom! Is this my new jacket? Oooooooh!"

Em absolutely adored the movie. She had her popcorn with cheese "sprinkles" and all of her favorite things in the movie: a crocodile (which she thought was from Peter Pan), a snake (like in Jungle Book), and decor from the bayou (like on her favorite Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland)! Could it get any better? Yes! There was a PRINCESS! She bee-bopped her head to all the music parts and yelled NO at the spooky voodoo guy....she was in heaven.

Making the experience even more magical for her was when we walked out to our truck-it was snowing (big time) for the first time this season! She must have felt like she was being sprinkled with fairy dust by the way she was acting-twirling and singing in the snow. I'm so glad she enjoys the little things in life! It was a great evening-just me and my firstborn.

1 comment:

  1. We loved that movie too! It Ethan enjoyed it more that Amie. They did a GREAT job with it. I am so glad to hear Emee is feeling better. That is scary!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive