Thursday, November 26, 2009

On this day-6 Years & 2 Kids Ago...

The year-2003-back in our "dating" years...we had planned to spend Thanksgiving at the Martone's (I was always welcome for events like this-even when I wasn't "in" the family). I was living in Ellensburg earning my Bachelor's degree and Mike was living in Hillsboro with Marcy enjoying his first year teaching. I always LOVE hanging out with the kids and Mike's sisters (especially since my family is so far away) so I was excited to travel to Bremerton.

The traditional turkey dinner and dessert were terrific as usual and everyone went their separate ways (Marcy & clan went down to the Tell's for dinner #2 and Michelle & the girls started up a movie in the living room). Mike asked if I wanted to go out on a drive (which I LOVE to do) and so we did. He drove out to Port Gamble where there is this quaint little historical town-RIGHT UP MY ALLEY! The odd thing was that on the way there he wanted to hold my hand in the car-that's not the odd part-what was odd was his clammy hands and strange conversation...just talking jibberish and the cold & clammy hands made me think he wasn't feeling well (Mike has stomach issues with ALL food). He shrugged it off, so I let it go.
When we got to the town he pulled into this cute "little house on the prairie" type church. I got out and started to walk around the grounds thinking Mike was behind me...nope-he was thumbing through the trunk for something-so I just hung out and continued to peruse the place. Next thing I know-Mike is down on one knee....and look at what he was holding!!!

That was the beginning of our little family...6 years ago

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive