Sunday, November 8, 2009

My Obsession-and Possible New LOVE!!!



I am 110% obsessed with my Cricut (even still thanking my mother in law for it 2 Christmases later!) All my friends know it, and Mike can attest to how many times I use the darn thing, so I'm not admitting anything new. I usually find the cartridges for it on Craigslist in Salt Lake and my sister picks them up and sends them to me at 50% of their typical cost! I probably have about 10 cartridges in all-and LOVE them-I use them ALL THE TIME! I recently got 2 more that I am really excited about because they were my first ebay ones! I got 2 brand new ones (Sesame Street & Christmas Expressions) for $30! YAY! For those of you who own this machine-you KNOW that this was an awesome deal. The normal cost at Michael's for these things ranges from $35-$90 for ONE CARTRIDGE. Insane-but then again, scrapbooking is an expensive hobby to begin with right?
Well-recently I have been seeing other CTMH consultants talking about somethings called the Cricut Scal....what??? So I googled it and found "Cricut Sure Cuts A Lot"-my curiosity was peaked...so I went on to further see what it was about-turns out these gals had made some seriously terrificly stunning pages using this tool on their regular ol' cricut WITHOUT a cartridge and just a standard USB from their computer to their cricut! My ears perked up....no $90 cartridge you say??? Yep!

(check it out-she cut the restaurant's EXACT logo using her cricut!)

I was still skeptical so, I watched like 15 tutorials on YouTube about it, and then decided to take the plunge...I have about 1 zillion super cute fonts downloaded on my computer from KevinandAmanda.com and THIS would be PERFECT for them! I've gathered up all my cartridges and they are already on ebay as we speak! I sold 2 already and therefore have enough to purchase my new Scal software right....WRONG!

(look how many things you can fit into a tiny area, in tons of different fonts and THEN cut!-I know....I'm probably the only one who cares, but oh well! lol!)

I got on the website to buy it today and alas-the MAC version is sold out. What a bummer-mark my words though-I will get this program-I am determined. I get excited just thinking of the savings....

  • Scal Software $75
  • No more purchasing Cricut Cartridges at $50ish each where the designs are limited
  • Making my kids cute scrapbook pages with THOUSANDS of fun fonts.....PRICELESS!!!!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I got it and can't stop using it :) Bye bye cartridges! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive