Friday, November 20, 2009

A Grinchy Scrapbook Saturday!

My kids decided they'd let me get things done today-which was SO nice of them because I have a bunch of scrapbook kits I have to put together for my christmas scrapbooking event tomorrow night! Mike came home during his lunch and made a fire for us and seeing this, Emma ran to her room, grabbed all her blankets and her pillow and made herself a cozy spot to lay by the fire and watch Enchanted....amazing! When I asked her what she was doing she said "I get snuggle warm Mom." Soon afterwards Bryce went down for a nap and I was able to get the kits made and ready for tomorrow. I am really excited!

(thanks to the zoom lens on my camera for bringing to light all the places I get to clean this afternoon! lol!)
I got to use the new Scal program on my cricut to cut the cute GRINCH font for the title.
Each gal is bringing a $5 gift card for a gift exchange and a yummy treat to share. I have been requested to make Caramel Apple Cider and my Spinach Dip so that should keep me busy tonight-pray my kids stay in this "let momma be productive" mood!
Last Saturday I made the Caramel Apple Cider for breakfast. It was a recipe I got on Our Best Bites.com and it was DIVINE so I can't wait to have it again. The best part is the whole cloves set in an orange....that smell is heavenly in itself-let alone in your cider!

Hot Caramel Apple Cider



Recipe by Our Best Bites


8 C quality apple cider 
1/2 C Simply Orange orange juice
1 orange
8 cloves (or more if you want)
2 cinnamon sticks 
1/4 t ground allspice
1/3 C Torani caramel sauce (more to taste if needed)



Combine cider, O.J and spices in a large pot. Poke the cloves into the orange and gently drop the whole orange into the pot. Bring cider to a boil and then reduce heat to a low simmer. Simmer on low for 60 minutes and longer if you wish. If you're keeping the pot on the stove for an extended period, keep an eye on the orange. If at any time it splits open, remove it from the pot. If the white pith is exposed it will add a bitter taste to your cider. If you're going to have the pot warming for hours on end, take out the orange. After you've simmered for an hour, add caramel sauce and stir to combine and dissolve. Add more caramel to taste if needed.

When ready to serve, ladle into mugs, top with whipped cream, and give it a drizzle of caramel and a sprinkle of cinnamon!


Here's a sneak peak at the project I made for class:


Should be fun-I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive