Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Travels through HOLLYWOOD

Took the kids (including Hollie :) ) to L.A. today. What an experience.....to say the least. I think we actually brought the drama to Tinsel Town instead of the other way round! The little ones were FANTASTIC! Total troopers. All day going from tourist attraction, to shopping center, to tourist attraction- no strollers & we didn't leave Hollywood Blvd. until 11pm! Holy smokes. Of course some of the "older children" had a hard time sharing the spotlight & suggestion of activities to partake of.....like I said DRAMA :)











This is me attempting to be respectful by hiding the pizza Em was munching on throughout the cemetery....hey 3 hours in a car, you feed the kids whenever/wherever possible! Sorry to the other patrons. :/


Hollie attempts to explain the importance of Marilyn.....poor Em could care less of course. Oh well. For reverence, I bribed my munchkins with a trip to Griffith Park to ride the ponies & little park train. Worked like a charm. :)








I wish I had video taped this experience for them to look back on someday. Sooooooooo funny! The employees strap the kids onto the saddle & send them on their way. Literally! The horse just knows to trot around & around the marked track. Bryce giggled & giggled as his bum bopped up & down on the pony. He was in horse heaven! I think this pony ride made his YEAR! No one holding on to him or the horse, just a kid & his pony off for a ride (or so he felt) :) too cute! Man I wish I could bottle his sweet giggle.














Here he is just giggling away....


They begged for one more ride, so we got in line for more tickets & did it once more! Of course this made the older children pout & fuss-but you cant win em all. So we ignored that negativity & bought tickets for the little train (like I had promised for good behavior at all the "big kid" attractions they had been dragged to. :)


Waiting for the train & enjoying a cold beverage on a warm So Cal day-dash hair & all! I just love those baby blues!





These two are so close sometimes....other times-not so much. But today the loves were free for the taking!











Why is it my face looks so big? Hollie looks miniature too. Whatever.





Aww.... Sister lovin'


After the trip through Griffith Park, I drove us right over to the best shopping spot in all of L.A- The Grove! Bryce got to go pick out his first school backpack this year at Pottery Barn Kids (like Em did last year for her first year at preschool). Thanks Nana!





He chose Batman of course. I tried HARD to talk him into the super cute shark camo pattern but nope! Em got to go to the American Girl store & pick out a mini doll to add to her collection at home. Her excitement was over the top! Bitty babies, historical dolls & dolls that could be made to look just like her.....then there were all the accessories you could ever dream of! Gesh! What more could a little girl want? :) Em pointed out all the dolls that she has been playing with at Nanas all week & the different outfits that would be fun to dress them in.





She seriously loved the nursery full of babies & strollers, high chairs & changing tables.


Finally she decided on a mini Molly to take home.


I asked her what her favorite thing about Molly is, she said "her little glasses & because her is best friends with Emily-the one I already have at home!"


My sweet babies & I enjoy the musical fountain show in the plaza. We miss dadda something fierce! :( Not the same enjoying these kind of things without him.



As you can see we are pooped at this point. So we hopped on the Grove Trolley for a little break before dinner at our favorite place, The Cheesecake Factory


Look at those faces....sad.





If you attempt to hold hands with these kids-they beg to do "1,2,3 weeeeeeeeee!" So that's what they got.





Auntie Hollie bought Em a Hello Kitty water bottle at the Sanrio store in the heart of Hollywood (inside Kodak Theater mall....awesome mall.....seriously! If they hold the Oscars there, you know it is fab!)


Bryce was absolutely fascinated by the El Capitan Theater-due to the Cars 2 Marquee flashing across the front! He spent all night begging Nana to take him to the movies. It was 10pm-we told him they were cleaning it. :)


A street vendor sold me these fun flashing glittery swords for $2! What a steal! The kids are still playing with them a week later! I learned years ago to bargain for EVERYTHING in Hollywood. Glad I did.


On the Blvd/walk of fame outside Kodak Theater....you can meet some crazy weird folks out there. Its like Vegas (or so i would guess, having never actually been there :)! This place never sleeps! It makes me nuts & I drive my kids crazy by holding onto them so tight. They are used to being able to have a little more freedom than I allow while on Hollywood Blvd!!! My heart thumps in my chest and it is one of the only times I feel real fear for losing one of them. Like I can feel it in my bones & my skin literally crawls. I try to not spoil the excitement of the experience for them, but holy crowds-and don't get me started on the freak show peeps there! Despite the fear, I actually enjoy the glitz & glamour too. :)





Outside the Chinese theater sitting by Marilyn handprints....wonder why?:)





Oh, that's why! :)


Meeting up with who else......jack sparrow of course! And at 10pm no less! Bryce told him that he was having a pirate party when he is 4. I'm sure "jack" genuinely cared :)


Bryce chose a Donald Duck Pez dispenser at the Disney Studio store. Big surprise there huh? Thank you Auntie Hollie.


I almost started the "count the Bumblebees" game.....Bryce was delighted with all the sightings of course.








Em loved seeing Dorothy, but was NOT so fond of the moving statue in the lobby of the Hollywood Wax Museum.....Can't blame her-he was just another freak in Los Angeles dressed like Jermaine Jackson.


Such fun shopping!


Loved checking out the vintage inspired boutiques!


Bryce did not......until he saw the antique carousel horse on display in one of the shops :)


Em & Nana had fun with makeup at MAC, a little modeling on the steps of the "red carpet to the Oscars" and then.....straight to the car with that face! :) hey-its like they say "when in Rome.....", well this time it was, "when in Hollywood-VIVA LA GLAM" folks!!!! Well, for 2.3 minutes at least :) until our next visit-say goodbye to Hollywood.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive