Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Mahalo Ohana

Mike's parents asked us recently if we would like to go with them to Hawaii in February? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? No brainer.....um-HECK YES! WAHHHHH HOOOOOOOOO!!!!
I've never been, though my dad grew up there and I have many family members from there, I've yet to go myself. I am so stoked! My dad usually goes each February, and Kathleen says it is the prime time to go. Less tourists, whaling season, perfect weather, etc. I've been informed of the fun things to do on the island of Oahu also. For example:
Bryce now knows that the "Black Pearl" is permanently docked at the new Disney Resort (along Waikiki) so we gotta see that, 

they give KILLER massages at the Hale Koa, 

the Luau at the Hale Koa is a top notch show, and while there we should 
pick up a CASELOAD of Coconut Pancake Syrup, 
We want to check out the Dole Pineapple plant too! 
 BUT- best of the best is a place in my dad's home town of Laie....The Polynesian Cultural Center.
 We hear everything about that place is FANTASTIC, but I am dying to ride on one of these while there-
 Owned & operated by the church I wouldn't expect anything less. 
However, even still-the #1 thing on my "tourist" list is visiting the Pearl Harbor Memorial. 
What an opportunity we have ahead of us. February can't come soon enough! Super huge MAHALO to my inlaws....or in hawaiian-OHANA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive