Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Moonlight Beach & childhood friends

For our last afternoon in San Diego, we went to Moonlight Beach in Encinitas. We used to have lots of church functions there when I was little, like ward bonfires on the beach, activity days/BBQ dinners, that sort of thing. But what I remember most about this place was the rocks! HUGE rocks all over the shore, more than sand, as well as in the water. As the waves rolled in, so did the boulders-ON YOUR TOES! not exciting. However, things have majorly changed, and wouldn't you know it-no more rocks! There are a few pebbles here and there, but nothing major. So glad, because Moonlight really is a nice beach. They have lockers on the boardwalk & fun concessions like shaved ice & hot dogs, etc.















20 minutes after we arrived & got the beach gear all set up, mom & I went to join Em & B who were already playing in the surf. Bryce is now a HUGE fan of wave jumping (shock of all shocks! and I might add, he LOVES to dunk his head under water in the swimming pool! this is a huge step for him. I guess he just needed some major exposure to water-the kind that Cali provides quite abundantly! Lol)























anywhoo- as we were out in the ocean, I turned and looked at a guy & little girl next to me and could swear it was my friend Ashley Player's little girl, Sydnee. So I watched her play for a bit & saw them walk back to the beach, where my childhood friend Nicole (Ashley's older sister) & her entire family were hanging out! So fun! So, to freak her out, I walked up & gave her a huge hug- funny part is she hugged me back like "who is this freak show?" ha ha ha. Then she realized it was me & we had a good laugh. It was fun to watch our kids play together on the beach & catch up for a couple hours, including both our moms gabbing back & forth. :)

After the beach, we went & grabbed the traditional Thrifty Ice Cream, and then a quick shower back at home before heading out to the park to meet up with another childhood friend of mine, Stacy Schwarr. She & I talk almost daily, but we haven't seen each other in over 20 years!!!!! Crazy! Its so fun to have all our kids play together. It's like childhood friends-the next generation. :) A great way to end a vacation.























- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive