Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Tower of Flour & Marshmallow Fluff

EmmaLee's birthday party this year is postponed until June (to accommodate an outdoor flower-filled garden party a.k.a Emma's WONDERLAND). Though she will celebrate her un-birthday with her friends, she was still looking forward to her family dinner & cake that we make special every year. So this time round I came up with the Tangled Tower....
In my mind I thought of grey Marshmallow Fondant pressed with some type of cobblestone fondant impression mat....small cake rounds stacked, a dowel down the middle for stability, and an ice cream cone covered in purple chocolate tiles at the top...
here's what that looks like in real life:





Not by best creation-there are parts that I am trying to just "let go", but-we'll see if I fix those areas before it gets eaten.
Still pretty exciting for a brand new 4 year old I think! EmmaLee couldn't be happier with it-and really, that's all that matters. She even teared up during the big "reveal". Awwww....melted my heart. She even pointed out that there were 4 lanterns for her turning 4! She is SOOOOO my kid. ha ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive