Monday, February 21, 2011

The Classroom COMPLETE!

Thank goodness it was a 3 day weekend-we needed all the time we could get to complete this project-and not a moment too soon-it's 8:40 pm and ready to do for tomorrow! Sad that Mike's ear drum burst on Friday night, but he pushed through his pain & helped me all weekend. Just one more confirmation-I married the right guy! :)
The exterior (terrible picture but...) the rocks still need to go on the bottom portion, door painted once more and the windows trimmed, but you get the point.

The following are all before Mike so kindly cleaned my entire classroom floor-I realize they look atrocious.... :)


Calendar Corner


Group Instruction Area

Toy Shelf & Front Entry/Cubbies

Reading Corner

Our OLIVIA Bulletin-a book treasure project from this months theme


Cubbies & Front Door-which still needs to be painted again on the exterior, thus the painters tape :)


My little corner of the world :)



Another Book Treasure-FROGGY & FROGILINA! A beloved story character we've been reading about this month...







Pizza Oven-first time we get to use it in class full-time! I bought it at an attic sale that our Children's Museum was having, which was over a year ago. $5 I don't regret spending-SUPER cute! The kids will love it.

DRESS UP!!!!


Another gem from the Children's Museum attic sale. $10-can't beat that price. Looks real & makes for a cozy feel in the room :) 


Our Weekly schedule-Handwriting Without Tears, Art Project/Book Treasure, Umizoomi Math (a TOTAL hit!)

Letter of the Week-Houghton Mifflin Alphafriends

Still loving this purchase from my first year teaching. Was awesome with 2nd graders & is fab for Preschoolers too!

Student Portfolios...

Smarties for a Smarty....can't teach without em' lol-

These finally feel worth it! :)

Triangle crayons, Magic C bunny puppet & Brain Sprinkles....some of my favorite teaching tools!


Morning Entry Task ready to go...

Umizoomi math tubs! A fun way to work on Geometry, Spatial Awareness, Patterns & Number Sense. The kids are OVER THE MOON for it :)

Attendance/Classroom Behavior chart-though I am noticing that 2 students' cards are missing????
It has been a long time since I've felt like a "real" teacher with a "real" classroom-the cause of too many tears over the last few years. But now, my dream has come true. Someone pinch me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive