Friday, January 28, 2011

I'm a BIG BOY Now!


This is Bryce's 2nd week of being diaper FREE!!!! At our house that means NO diapers what-so-ever. Once they come off-there is no turning back, even at naps or night time. Bryce decided on his own that he was ready. One day he ran out of the playroom, announced "mom I gotta go potty!" and booked it into the bathroom while ripping off his pants & diaper. Next thing I knew he was standing on a stool and actually peeing in the pot! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! He even "tapped" off the excess! He was SOOOOOO proud of himself and said "See Mom! Just like Dadda! I DID IT!" Neither Mike or I taught him how to do this process, he just watched & figured it out. CRAZINESS I tell you! CRAZY!
So that started it. We packed up the diapers & started potty training in full force-our tried & true way. No pants & no undies. Yep-you heard me right. As white trash as that sounds, I let the kids go "bottoms" free for 7 days straight (and throw on pants if I MUST go somewhere-other than that we go NOWHERE for 7 days). This way is SOOOOO much faster & easier believe it or not. No potty in the pants to deal with, if he needed to go-he either SAW the pee come out & knew YIKES-or he ran like mad to the bathroom. Worked like a charm for Emma too. We don't believe in Pull-Ups so at night, we put down a couple folded towels under his hiney, a pair of easy off pj pants & cut back on liquids before bed. So far-no accidents #1 or #2 (if you know what I mean)! YAY BRYCE! Week #3 we are ready for you!

This little man even went on a field trip with his preschool class to Pizza Hut today and in the middle of lunch, ran over to me and told me he needed to go potty-and still no pee pee in the pants! I was so proud of him, so he came home and we researched some new chonies together on the internet. He found some that he LOVED and that were only available at Disneystore.uk-ugh go figure-so a quick phone call to Auntie Sue in Scotland and they are on their way via Royal Airmail! Such is the tradition in our house-potty training is a HUGE deal and deserves "disneyland" type treatment! Good for you Brycey Boy! (As I wipe a tear from my eye-my last baby is diaper free)

No comments:

Post a Comment