Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Spirit of Christmas

Someone is looking out for me....getting me into the holiday mood (which has actually been a difficult task this year-very odd for me). Today I saw a completely filled reusable grocery/gift bag on the counter at the post office. The tag on it read "KEVIN"-those who live in Ellensburg will know what that means. Kevin is mentally challenged & homeless, someone that the town has pretty adopted. Anyhow, though I have no idea what was in the bag, I could make an assumption. It warmed my heart & made my day. 
Then as I was in a rush to get to the preschool program, I quickly ran into Safeway for a couple items. At the checkstand I was given a christmas bouquet from the checker-the card attached said "26 Random Acts of Kindness in honor of the lives lost at Sandy Hook Elementary-You are #3. Keep it going!"


 I LOVE that I was chosen. Especially when I meant to go to the store earlier today & "something" kept me home so I had to go later. My heart is full. Definitely a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive