Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Gingerbread Man-A PreK Musical!

Last night I spent hours baking and packaging Gingerbread Kid kits for the family activity after the preschool christmas program on Friday.


This month we have focused our studying on "Holidays around the World". Since my curriculum is ever evolving, this left me to start from scratch & write a complete new unit. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out & will be posting it for sale on TPT next season.
Here is the front cover of the "suitcase" portfolio.

An envelope containing treasures from each country visited.
Such as: a holiday card, paper doll nativity set, cinnamon gingerbread ornament, well used boarding pass & a worn/much traveled passport!

This is the inside of Bryce's passport.
Each page had a country/flag label & "completed travel" stamp from each visit.

Then the worksheets and activities from each country.




I found this super cute tiny gingerbread cookie house ornament & knew it was the perfect addition to the little gift I got for my AWESOME assistant teacher. We have been living and breathing everything "Gingerbread" for over a MONTH!
Tonight it was finally my last day of work until January-when the madness starts up again :)
Our annual PreK play-this year entitled:
The Gingerbread Man-A PreK Musical!

I found the perfect napkins at Target & cute little matching Wiltons candy characters. They were the perfect addition on top of the brownie bites I made for the potluck after the show.


The kids made these gingerbread houses at school-it was girls team vs. boys team. Can you guess which team completed each house? lol
Our play set this year consisted of the following 3 backdrops:
A Gingerbread House (Grandma & Grandpa's house w/ brick oven)
The Farm (where the farmer & cat live)
The Woods (where the fox lives in his den on the far right)
P.S. That is a "bridge" over the river on the left. Mike asked me why the Gingerbread boy was climbing on a sewer grate in our story???? He didn't remember that part. GRRRRRRRR. That is my lack of painting talent coming out. I SUCK at painting-BIG TIME! lol Oh well.
Of course I always have "helpers" setting up with me:



The kids schoolwork set out-waiting to go home.
Play props & instruments ready for the show. Just missing the kiddos at this point.
For parent gifts this year the kids made Snowman ornaments from empty square acrylic ornaments,
and burlap handprint wall hangings.
My 2 sweet munchkins were SUPER excited for this particular show. They were cast as "Grandma & Grandpa".


Mike took it upon himself to DJ the songs of the program. He did awesome & I am grateful. Ignore his weirdness here....
Here they are! Disheveled Grandma & Wring your neck Grandpa! Poor kids. EmmaLee had her hair tucked back in the grey haired bun wig and adorned a cute crocheted shawl also, but somewhere during the show she lost most of her costume. lol.
As for Bryce....well, there aren't many words. This is actually an improvement over last year-where he sat on his bum and picked his nose while the show went on around him! Whatever.

When all was said & done, it was pretty darn cute and I was officially EXHAUSTED and could feel it setting in. Em spent the night at Shannons, as is tradition after the show. Bryce was so excited to have earned his Wii system back tonight that he was content to NOT go and stay home with dad instead. Look at all my boys. Looks like they've settled in for winter break or something? Jordan claims that "someone has to keep the couch from floating away!" lol. I don't buy it. 
Merry Christmas to all-and to all
A GOOD
NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive