Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas in the Manger

The kids have always loved this book called "Christmas in the Manger". It is one of EmmaLee's favorite stories. She loves all stories about Jesus. The book is a simple pictorial of the birth of christ & all the "key players" in the story. My mom bought the kids a Fisher Price Little People set when Emma was a baby. They play with it year round but, this year I decided to combine the props with the story. I found a cute idea online that had the kids finding all the pieces of a nativity on a scavenger hunt using clues. I wish I could take credit for this SUPER CUTE kid friendly idea-but oh well. I changed it up a bit & it was a success. Another awesome tradition started tonight! 
First we read the story.
Then I printed out picture clues of each part of the story. They corresponded with what piece was needed for the nativity scene. I had hidden all the pieces around the house beforehand. They LOOOOOOVED hunting them all down.
 
 
 

At the end we sang Away in a Manger with the music box that is already on the Fisher Price stable. It made the star shine above the manger & ended our night perfectly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive