Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Rock the Vote!

Today is election day here in the good Ol' USA. Our candidates of course are Barack Obama & Mitt Romney. However, in Kindergarten today-you'll also find election themes in full effect!
Emma walked in to school today to find a voting booth!
She was given a Voter Registration Card, and ballot.
I was given the job of maning the voting booth. The kids came out, showed me their Voter ID card & "signed in" (which was their name writing assessment for the day-clever). I asked them a few voter statistic questions-like girl or boy, am or pm kinder & which teacher they have. 
Then they were sent to the booth to vote for their candidate: 
Scooby Doo
or 
Sponge Bob
They cast their ballot & came out of the booth to recieve an "I VOTED" sticker-which was a major highlight for most of these munchkins :)
Bryce was there helping me volunteer for the day, so he was able to participate too. He couldn't wait for his turn! Both Em & B told me later that they voted for Scooby (to my relief) because Sponge Bob is "naughty". Apparently they DO listen & retain the things I teach them :) Happy Momma moment.



What a great day of learning the importance & privilege it is to be an American Citizen!

No comments:

Post a Comment