Friday, November 9, 2012

Poor Sparky

Have you met our sweet puppy SPARKY Brinkley?
No.....I'm serious-this was her recent portrait.
Well-might as well be anyways.
Look at our poor girl.
Sweet puppy had surgery (to the tune of $300) a couple days ago to remove a rapidly growing tumor that was on her head.
I was given the horrid job of taking her in to the vet. It took all I had to not shed a few tears FOR her! When we walked in, she instantly started shaking....like uncontrollably....like seizure style. I've never seen anything like it. Even the receptionist felt bad for her, and we hadn't even checked in yet!
She kept pulling me to the door whimpering all the while. Ugh. It was almost more than I could bear. 
Unfortunately-this is the second time the stupid tumor has placed itself in this spot. Last time I was told it was a "no big deal benign growth that would have eventually fallen off!" Whatever. $90 later.....
So when it grew back instantly and even bigger-this was alarming. I asked for a biopsy this time & clearly they needed to take wider margins this go round. Because of that, poor B had to be sedated and left all day alone. :( I hated it-but secretly, I think Mike hated it more (and was glad he had work as a distraction). Of course, HE was the "good guy" and the one to pick her up and love on her. Who am I kidding-he's her all time FAVORITE person, I knew that ride home would make her the happiest. 
She looks so sad. But Frankenweenie style or not-she's still beautiful isn't she?


Update: the tumor was benign....something about a hair follicle and "we got it all this time"???? Hmmmmmm. Sure-well, there better not be a 3rd time folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment