Tuesday, May 1, 2012

New Kitchen-Phase 2

Mike & Joe put in the $20 craigslist Milgard window this last weekend. What a STEAL! I love that I was able to find the exact grid we needed to match the other new windows we installed in the house.(Only one metal trimmed window left in this place! Wah-HOO!!!!!)

Then Mike got a tutorial from google (what did we ever do without Google) and was able to re-wire the lights in the ceiling to accommodate my 3 beautiful new farm light fixtures! That guy never ceases to amaze me! He's turning into quite the handy man. I let him know that I think the combo of "teacher/handy-man" is HOT! ;) 

(these are the same fixtures in my friend Shelly's house-LOVE LOVE LOVE)
It took 3 of us to get the monster vintage range out the door. Thanks to Joe for coming over to be that 3rd pair of muscles!
Mike framed in the old built in cupboards and prepped the floors-while I lay dying on the couch. Boo to the stupid cold bug I caught last night. Not fun. 

The new drywaller came today (long story) but.... YAY!

So grateful to Shannon for having the kids sleep over so we could finish up these last couple things before the drywaller came, for the friends that have invited the kids over to play while I am sick, and for our friends the Webbers, and their invitation to dinner so we didn't have to eat sheetrock-dust covered food and I didn't have to make it while ill. :) The kids had a fantastic time making homemade pizzas. Though I didn't get to go-Mike said the company was nice & so was eating from a CLEAN kitchen :) ....can't wait until we can reciprocate the gesture in OUR new kitchen! We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive