Sunday, May 20, 2012

Bryce's Pirates of the Caribbean 4th Birthday

Dad and Kathleen arrived this afternoon and as soon as they came thru the door-they started to help with Bryce's birthday party to-do's! I am INCREDIBLY grateful. I would have never finished on time without them!
Dad helped Em peel the wrappers off of piles of chocolate & red velvet cupcake bites.
Then he showed the kids how they could help blow up 14 inflatable Pirate Swords....
Grammie watched their fun as she made Sponge Bombs and sewed Jack Sparrow dreads for party favors!

Of course once all the weapons were inflated, a sword fight ensued!

Bryce was NOT happy about that! ;) YEAH RIGHT!

Attack from above! Look out Grandpa!

The sample "dreads" are modeled. They are PERFECT! Thanks to Shannon who came by-she was a rock star and threaded all the pony beads onto each yarn "hair" strand. We had quite the assembly line going. I have awesome supporters in my corner!


We made Dadda try on some dreads too. HA HA HA
The next morning-Kathleen was rockin again-she helped get all the party food ready before we left to decorate the venue! 

Individual 7 layer dips-LOVE!
Cash-one of my preschoolers (years ago) swung around to let Bryce borrow his remote control pet parrot "Squackers" for the party.
All the while Grandpa & Dadda worked on the assembly of the remote control Air Swimmer shark balloon! Too cool! Fierce looking-right?

Dad & Kathleen-my superstars, really took over for me-I was super exhausted this party go round. They put up 90% of the party decorations for me & I LOVE LOVE LOVE how it turned out! Who knew my dad had a creative bone in his body???? lol


Grandpa was a good sport & played up the part of Davy Jones (or as Bryce calls him "Davin' Jones") really well. It was Bryce's FAVORITE part of the party. 

My dad came up with this fun party entrance-he had some leftover rock wall paper, so he came up with this! LOVE it!


Who knew a few rolled top paper bags would be cute for pirate treasures? Thank you Pinterest!

Cake Push Pops-not my favorite. Kind of a pain in the butt to assemble (time consuming)-and not as enjoyable to devour either. Just my opinion though.

I had these rootbeer/cream soda labels made by Partymommas-they were one of my favorite details of the event.
Look at the table scape that Grammie created! GENIUS! So creative. I LOVE that I can just hand her a few boxes of decor & she comes up with THIS! Amazing. Truly a stress relief for me to be able to hand that over without ANY words between us. 

Another of my favorite details. These were the first things I threw in Bryce's party box when he said he wanted a "Jack Sparrow" party. Emma's fuzzy haired Pottery Barn puppy from her crib (many moons ago), and the skeleton keys from Em's Alice party. I thought that together they made a PERFECT 4 year old Pirates of the Caribbean decoration!


Thanks to Cousin Doug who let us borrow his Davy Jones mask. Em tried it on once and that was enough for her :)

Another view of the kids table....

The adult lunch munchie table....Dad hard at work in the background RE-inflating the swords from the sword fight last night :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE. Better than I had envisioned. 

Chocolate treats: Cadbury Skeleton Keys, Pirate coins, and bones!


Got this pair of broken skeletons for $1 each (missing a few limbs) from the Quilted Bear in Utah last sum mer! What a steal! They were perfect speared thru the arm & shoulder with a wreath hanger I had at home. :)

The cardboard sign Bryce cutout and painted a couple weeks ago (see previous post about that)

Check out the panorama views of the party room-one of my friends took them:





The pool area....where the Black Pearl was docked. (Funny story: as we were transporting the decorations to the part venue-1/2 of the boat went flying out of the back of the truck & landed in the middle of the main drag in Ellensburg. Opps! Kathleen didn't hesitate-she unbuckled and preceded to run down the median waving her hands about while yelling "DONT HIT THE BLACK PEARL!!!!" HI-LAR-I-OUS!!!!! Needless to say-she saved it, and it looked great at the party. No one ever knew it was almost a casualty. :)

Palm frond balloons-pain in the rear....
Anywhoooo-it was one of the funnest parties we've had thus far. Bryce absolutely LOVED it! LOVE LOVE LOVED it! Mission accomplished!






Mikes favorite part-clearly.....

Dr. Horsley helped out lots of little buccaneers.


LOOK OUT! Flying shark!

The party boy arrived and couldn't wait to get in with his buddies. He had been held back from the "party gettin' ready business" all morning and it was practically unbearable for him.


Grandma helped finish the bacon wrapped smokies and brought them to the party nice & warm.

Found this fun idea & recipe for Pineapple/Ham dip on Pinterest. It was Y-U-MM-Y! Mike has already requested I make it again. 

The sword picks were fun.

Grandma's homemade rolls sealed the deal for a yummy lunch.


He had the time of his life!


























Seeing the party room for the first time. Too cute!







All the kids looked super cute as "Jack Sparrow" :)



Davy Jones made his first appearance. Bryce was over the moon about it!



My fame flame Costco candles from home were a great touch to the decor.




Kids filled up their favor cups with all kinds of gold candies. Found the goblets at the Dollar Tree at the end of last summer! They had all different colors but I thought Red would be the most universal-they worked out great for the party. 

He loved his gifts. Lots of tools this year. He couldn't wait to use them all!




We went back into the party room for a little cake & singing before everyone packed up. 


Awesome memories made today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive