Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Paradise: Day 3-Pineapple Plantations, Shave Ice & Waterfalls






Ted's Bakery "Pineapple Upside Down Cake"....seemed fitting with the whole "pineapple thing" :)
(ok-really it was an excuse to eat something from Ted's Bakery :)







lunch at Pizza Bob's in Haleiwa

pretty much-he ate all Parmesan Cheese-licked it straight off the plate. Ummmmm-yeaaaaahhhhhh


 HAD to stop at Matsumoto's for Hawaiian Shave Ice. I ordered Pineapple & Coconut flavored. It was a little bit of HEAVEN!







 We decided to pull over & enjoy the shave ice on one of the beaches on the North Shore....as usual it was a beautiful day!



 Mike spotted this little guy on the trail up to Waimea Falls-the kids lovingly named him Pascal-I think it's name is anything BUT a cute little Pascal! EWWWWW!

Bummed that this one turned out blurry :( 


Ever have that feeling that you are in the middle of a jungle???? When the leaves are bigger than you-that can happen :)

Emma wanted to bring home a pair of these instruments SOOOOO bad. We looked and looked but they were super hard to find :(

The falls! And oh my word-my literal BUCKET LIST DREAM...you can SWIM in the lagoon beneath it! So sad I left my suit at home. The kids never left home without theirs however-so they enjoyed it....or at least dipping their toes in on the sidelines, catchin' pollywogs :)



Goodness gracious-he is precious. Isn't he?


She said it felt like when we swim in the river when we are camping. I had to live my dream through her this time :(


Caught a Pollywog Momma!!!!


That is NOT a tree covered in leaves. There is ONE smaller trunked tree on the left hand side-the rest is a curtain that grew & is hanging off one of the branches! AMAZING! My sisters and I would have LOOOOOVED this place as kids! It's like FERNGULLY! lol


Bryce pretended it was his monster cave of course....

These huts are SO what I think of when I think Hawaii-LOVE them! I'll take one on the beach please :) And the Elvis from Blue Hawaii to go along with it :) Is that too much to ask?


2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you made it to Ted"s...we'll be eating there once a day for the next week! Great pix!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we didn't-but I remembered you talking about it and they had some in the cold case at the Dole plantation so I figured, what the heck! :) Emma LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive