Saturday, October 1, 2011

It's the MOST Wonderful Time of the YEAR!

Yikes! I am finally getting around to journaling this post. That's what I love most about blogging-it's a journal I can keep with pictures to help me remember events. If I don't have time to jot my thoughts down at that moment-I can always come back to it! SO awesome!
The other day Mike's mom sent a halloween care package for the kidlets-inside were these SUPER cute shirts & a snack, and a couple cute halloween decor items for the house!

See-how cute is this? A framed "Along Came A Spider" print with a fuzzy black tarantula to go with it!

And this fun diecut paper garland....LOOOOOOVE! She also made us the Halloween Subway art last year-which we also love (obviously).

We just adore the sights, smells, tastes and sounds of fall. This past Saturday was overcast & slightly drizzly, but we still ventured on a walk down to the farmer's market-Em's favorite part was using her money to buy 2 pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (for those who don't know-they are her ALL TIME FAVORITE cookie....any time of the year!)

We came home and cut up some more of our apple stash to make a double batch of what I have renamed "ApplePIE Sauce".....there aren't words to describe how wonderful it makes the house smell as this cooks....makes me smiles just thinking about it. :)

I've gotta get me one of these-too bad they are so darn hard to come by! Dang vintage tools. Ugh. :) Luckily I still had my friend Jessica's so.....
The kids went to spend the night at their friends house, so Mike & I got to take a trip down to Costco-KIDLESS! What a treat! We came across these goodies while in Yakima. The perfect treats for "Jack" to leave the kids this halloween season????

I've been collecting stuff for halloween buckets for a few months now. All I have to say is I heart the dollar sections at: Michael's, Target, and Dollar Tree! Found the big buckets at Michaels, wrapped them in medical gauze, and glued on googly eyes. The I filled them with treats: Disney Store clearance out their halloween stuff last year before christmas (so I planned ahead and purchased!) Each kid got 2 halloween shirts which cost me less than $10 combined for all 4 shirts, and I split up a set of halloween bath toys between the 2 buckets, Target had some "glowing skull fruit snacks" that come with a fun set of plastic tweezers-so we got those too, Target had cute festive sectioned plates/utensils & juice cups in their dollar section too!

The fun visors...another Target dollar section find. And those little eyeballs poking out the top of the bucket-a bouncy ball of "eyeballs" from Michael's Dollar section. I'm tellin ya-if you haven't ever hit up these sections-you are missin out! :)




Every room in our house is "spookified"....even the bathroom! I have thoughtful friends-because these were gifts for me. Bath & Body soap and a couple new Scentsy warmers (this is the plug in-but I have the big pot that matches....fun!)


I think the kids were excited to see what Jack The Pumpkin King had left for them-Mike had just as much fun handing it to them! :) Good fun all around I guess. 

YAY for Halloween Jams!




(love this shot)













Happy month of Halloween everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive