Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween Chaos-a.k.a Bryce's Preschool Party

Bryce went to school dressed in his Iron Man dress up last week-with these fun treats in tow. Since I work while he is at school, I don't pick him up & though I don't remember a lot being discussed at pick up time last year-apparently there was some miscommunication somewhere.
There was a flyer in his backpack a few days prior that said "Halloween Party October 21st". The next day, I signed Bryce's name next to "Halloween Cookies" and gave it back to his teacher after making note of the date on my calendar. 2 days later, we showed up to the supposed "party"-where NO ONE ELSE was dressed up and there was NOT ONE Halloween decoration in site! NO JOKE! One of those fantastic mom moments where I wanted to SCREAM! (I won't mention the pulling teeth it took to get Bryce in the car to even GO to school that morning...making us late for his school & me almost late to work myself!) I asked the teacher what the deal was & she said "Oh no-you didn't think it was today did you?" My reply:
"Ummmmmm-YES! The paper I handed back to you 2 days ago claimed that today was the day....where did I miss the boat?" Well apparently she meant to stick to the date she put on the newsletter from the 1st of this month-instead of the "typo" on the flyer that went home 2 weeks later????? Needless to say-I had a good cry on the way home because I felt so bad for Bryce having to stay at school in a FULL COSTUME when no one else did. And no-I couldn't just take them off-he had PAJAMAS on underneath (as is his custom) :) Blissful morning for both of us-that's all I can say. :)

Which brings us to today-though we took his assigned  "halloween cookies" last week-I felt badly not sending him with some to his REAL party, so he took these Black Witch hats today & couldn't be happier about it. He even decided to be Iron Man once more-apparently I was more traumatized than he was about the first "dress up" ordeal....typical. :) All's well that end's well right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive