Monday, May 9, 2011

Appreciating Our Favorite Teacher

My great friend & local Kinder teacher, Shannon, let my small group of older preschoolers come in once again for our annual "Kindergarten Experience" field trip. It is one of my favorite things to witness.....2 years with these munchkins goes so stinkin fast. I love watching my students walk into her classroom & be successful in an instant! Shannon has them sit at circle time with her kinders & includes them as part of her regular class. She "quizzes" my kiddos in the group, on the things I have been teaching them for 2 years. Since I am the only preschool in town that has a curriculum which 100% coincides with the Ellensburg School District, it has always given all my students a leg up. They know all the same Alphabet friends, reading materials, behavior management system, etc! Watching them soar on this field trip is that "pay-off" moment for me as their teacher, and puts their parents more at ease about this transition too. I am truly blessed to be close to such an awesome & effective teacher, one whom I can pass my precious students onto, and not to mention-learn so much from/collaborate with myself. Love you oodles & smoodles Shannon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive