Saturday, January 1, 2011

Bring It 2011!

Being that it is New Years Day-we wanted to start off right...on an organized note. On top of that, I got a wild horsehair to rearrange our entire house AS WELL AS start in on the kitchen "face lift"! That is quite the undertaking with 2 crazy kids running around in the process.
We took down all the christmas decor-and that always means a nice growth in square footage. ha ha ha
Plus all the Christmas clutter is now organized nicely in 4 Rubbermaid bins ready for next year. (The stuff they have these days to store christmas stuff is AMAZING!!! I get so amped about organizing crap-it's even better than Christmas!)
We turned our bedroom into the new playroom-and took the trampoline out of the dining room! HALLELUJAH!









We turned Em's room, into our new room-which involved taking down EmmaLee's playhouse bed, and moved it to the garage to use as my classroom playhouse (which Em is actually SUPER excited about!).

The kids are now sharing the "Peter Pan Tink Room"-which use to be Bryce's Pirate Room. They've been sleeping together for a while now anyhow, because Bryce has nightmares and sleeps better if someone is with him. Poor guy.

It is so nice to have all the toys condensed into ONE room instead of scattered all over my house (which was looking more like a Carnival FunZone, than my home)  :) The kids rooms are SO SMALL that it was actually ridiculous having the toys in the same room as their bedroom furniture. That mini crisis is OVER. Hip Hip HORRAY!

This weekend, while Joe & Mike worked on the finishing touches to the outside of the classroom (new windows, siding & electrical "stuff"), I started in on the first phase of my own project-took off 3 of my kitchen cupboards-turned one into my chalkboard weekly meal planner,
and the other 2 are my prototype for the rest of the cabinetry! Maybe you are wondering if I am LOVING it? YES! It's a miracle what a little wainscoting, framed with some trim and painted in High Gloss Onyx can do. Say bye bye to old school knobs too!
Over this year and when our budget allows, I'll work on new countertops, sink & crown molding. Heaven knows it's all LOOOOONG overdue.

No comments:

Post a Comment