Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Wedding & Cave B

A few months back, I got a call asking if I photographed weddings-my first instinct was to throw up...lol-that's my nerves taking over. Then I calmed down and did what every girl does when she is freaking out...called my mom. Mom's advice was to "go for it but let them know this is my first rodeo"....so I did. Shock of all shocks, they called me back and wanted to set up an interview and see my portfolio of portraits I have shot in the past! I honestly thought-HOLY MOSES!
So, I put together a cute package, came up with a price and pulled out my portfolio of sample picts I had bound in a little book. After the interview I came home and spent a lot of time in the bathroom (if you know what I mean). The very next day, I got an email asking me if I would send over a contract for them to sign because they LOVED meeting me and very much appreciated my honesty from the get go. That's when it all started-the nerves hit me like a ton of bricks-you'd think I had been called to shoot for NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC or something. However, that is how serious I take my hobby-especially when I am being paid a lot of money and for something that people are investing in....you can't reshoot weddings....it's a one time gig! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Sorry-that was my nerves again.
Anywhoo-my cute Poobee has been secretly jealous of this little photography hobby of mine for sometime now and automatically hired himself as "2nd shooter" for this new job I received & interviewed for! :) He has been researching Photoshop elements & filters, etc online, & keeps on pestering me about being able to fiddle with the 35mm lens (that is because I am over-protective with my camera, and never let anyone touch it-sad huh?)
I relented and told him he could be my second shooter (assistant if you will-but made it clear that I was the "mastermind" behind this plan) :) I was going to purchase a 2nd hand D40 for him for the event, but then thought-I'll see what kind of photographs he produces first and THEN I'll invest in some equipment of his own if he decides its something he likes. (Heaven knows I have been BEGGING him to get a hobby since the day we got married-and NO Mike, "watching sports on T.V." does NOT count as a hobby! lol)
The wedding was in Quincy-which is a town about an hour from here-and we were going to be gone ALL DAY. So Mike's parents came over from Bremerton and stayed in Ellensburg with the kids. It was kind of fun to attend a wedding from a totally different angle than I ever thought I would! Here are some samples of what "our team" captured:







More of the shots we got are posted on our website: www.capturedwithanikon.blogspot.com

All that wedding business made Mike & I appreciate our own, which was almost 7 years ago, and we decided to splurge on & treat ourselves to a night in an awesome room, at a beautiful hotel called CAVE B located on the Columbia Gorge (also located in Quincy). This place is nothing short of A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! It was nice to have a relaxing night without being sat on by the puppies or being woken up at the crack of dawn to kids smashed in-between us. Pure Bliss! Thank heaven for wonderful inlaws. Couldn't have done it without them-and the kids had a TOTAL blast with us gone :)







The Cliffhouse we stayed in...

The view from our house...




The resident puppy-SO CUTE :) We felt right at home the moment we walked in :)


If you look REEEEEALLLLY close-there is a bunny rabbit on our front porch!

While we were in Quincy-we stopped at this hole in the wall place & picked up a treat for the kids....they got a kick out of it as you can plainly see.
It was a grrrrrreat weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment