Saturday, May 29, 2010

Brycey's Spidey & Friends Birthday Bash!

Oh man-where do I begin??? This party was originally supposed to be at the waterpark in Moses Lake-a place that Bryce LOVES, (which explains Invite #1) but go figure-THIS was the Memorial weekend that decided to shower us with inclement weather. Luckily my friend Adrienne came to the rescue and offered us to share her  indoor party space at the Gymnastics Center for the morning (she had rented it all day for a party she was having for Nick in the afternoon.) Thus-Invite #2! Those who know me, realize that this whole situation, pretty much gave me an ulcer because I am totally Type A-I like things PLANNED months in advance if possible!

My sister Ashley flew in from Salt Lake the day before the party, and helped me transform the dining room into a Spidey & Friends city scape....mission accomplished! We hung spider balloons from the ceiling and crawling up the walls, painted rectangles onto grey butcher paper in varying heights and strung streamers from the chandelier. The  piece de resistance had to be the clearance inflatable SpiderMan that Courtney and I bought together a year ago! Bryce must have stood staring at him, and talking to him for hours! :) I'm pretty sure he couldn't believe Spiderman was ACTUALLY at HIS house!

Ashley packed the Spidey themed lunches for the kids and the adults-which turned out pretty cute. The kids had Smuckers Uncrustable sandwiches, Spidey Fruit Snacks, Chips , a Cowboy cookie in a Spidey & Friends sandwich bag (freak find at the Dollar Tree), and a Spidey & Friends ring toy & sticker treat. The adults had Subway sandwiches, chips & a cookie. Together with the choice of fresh strawberries and sliced watermelon-I think it was a pretty yummy healthy lunch.

Bryce helped me pack the favors: Play-doh with a Spiderman shaped plastic mold, and Spiderman faced peanut butter cups inside a Spidey cup!

Bryce's cake was my first time with an entire cake covered in Marshmallow Fondant. I was pleased that Bryce recognized the final product as Captain America and Wolverine! :)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE how the clip art turned out-it was my #1 FAVORITE part about the decorations.

Everyone had a great time releasing some major energy at the Gymnastics Center...humongous trampolines, balance beams, bounce castles, and foam inclines....what's not to love?

All that running around made for sweaty kids-so Grandma & Papa ran home and grabbed the Marvel Hero popsicles out of the deep freeze for the kids to enjoy. Guests included: Ethan, Amie & Aubree Hall, Ellie & Amelia Moan, Brydon & Gwen Thomas, Cash Hajny, Marissa & Ayden Schnebly, Grandma & Papa Martone, Cousin Stephanie & Auntie Ashley!

Pinata's are ALWAYS a party favorite of my kids, so this party was no exception! Though I was pretty sure Bryce would not take well to kids beating on one of his favorite heroes-so I had to make this Captain America pinata myself. It turned out WAY more sturdy than I thought it would-so in the end-I had to have Ashley beat the tar out of it in order to get the candy out! All of Bryce's favorite candies were inside: mini M&M's, Kit Kats and white chocolate Hershey bars.....

The kids came back to the house for a super hero lunch-as you can see, the cute masks I found on a sale rack at Walmart were also a party favorite! I LOVE a great find like that!

The game of "Web a Villian" with silly string-was also pretty fun. The reports I am getting from the kids is that IT was their favorite part of the party....funny.

The birthday loot! A pretty grateful little guy-he has some very thoughtful friends....

Cupcakes, singing & wet-wipes....now it is time to hibernate for the next 364 days!

Note***
Super special thanks to my baby sister who was a HUGE help during this event. She spent all night setting up with me, bathing & dressing my kids for bed-all without being asked to, and without a single complaint! She helped clean the house, fold laundry, decorate cupcakes, pack lunches & run errands to blow up balloons. Then during the party, she went around cleaning up the messes the kids would inevitably make-before I could even NOTICE the disorder in the room! When all was said & done-cake eaten, and guests gone-I turned around and saw.....nothing that needed to be immediately done! The trash had been thrown out, the tables wiped down, the silly string cleaned off the floor, the posters wiped off, extra food put away & presents in a bag in Bryce's room! Truly an AMAZING and selfless act of service. Ashley YOU ARE HIRED! I could use you at EVERY function I have! We'd make a terrific team! Thank you SOOOOO much for your support and willingness to help without being asked, AND multi-tasking your attention to the kids all along the way too-I love you very much! You may want to "re-think" that whole not ever being a mom someday thing, you'd be WONDERFUL-and I'd be there for you the same way. Sisters for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive