Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rest In Peace

Well-I guess with halloween around the corner it is fitting that something should need a huge R.I.P sign plastered on it. That thing is more of a MULTIPLE of things that ONE thing at our house.
First case in point: Our beloved MacBook
Bye Bye. 
Dear MacBook,
You've gone above & beyond for us (being more of a heavily used everyday family/business computer, than a "laptop". I know you don't remember much anymore, since all your memory is pretty much taken up at this point. You are obviously in pain, with all the freezing up & flashing screens you give us. Hang in there, just let me get all the info off before you officially kick the bucket. I will run & grab the "back-up hard drive" to help ease some of your stress.

Oh wait....no I won't! See case #2!

2nd case in point:
My 10 month old 2TB External Hard drive....otherwise known as the "backup" for the computer & EVERYTHING ON IT! 
Dear Hard Drive,
You are now my newest enemy. Just looking at you makes me nausiated and causes furry to fire up inside my chest. What made you think it was ok to crap our on us the same day as our laptop? Hmmmm???? Oh, what's that....silence again....incredible-you have nothing to say except "the disk you inserted could not be read. please eject". Well that's just not good enough. You have all my kids' pictures from infancy to present inside you, all the paperwork for both businesses, and every curriculum document I created since the day I started teaching. How am I supposed to replace all those things????? How!!!! YOU WERE THE BACKUP PLAN! Just so you know-there is no insurance for you when you get "sick", and your hefty $1200 data recovery bill isn't really in our budget. Thanks for considering that.

Thank goodness for my iPad. I'm telling you I'd be lost without at least the internet. I mean does anyone remember the world without things such as: Google, Ebay, Etsy, Facebook, Pinterest & Blogger? Sounds like the firey pits of hell to me!

So starts the shopping for another beloved iMac (which we've been saving for but didn't expect the need to come THIS quickly!). So nice of the billionaire Apple corporation to offer a teacher discount of $100. Not. We've been purchasing Macs for at least a decade now-and that discount used to be 10%.....well when your computer costs $1600 that would have been $160....but not now. Typical Rotten luck I've got. Typical!

No comments:

Post a Comment