Thursday, June 16, 2011

Stumbled Upon

Last week I was reading an update on my all time favorite teacher blog. A blog written by a mom, teacher & author who is OUT OF THIS WORLD inspiring to me and hundreds of other teachers across the nation, a teacher who has more creativity & ideas for delivering material to students than I have in my pinkie toe...this woman gets bazillions of positive feedback comments on each post she makes & idea she shares. She sells these ideas on a fantastic teacher website and makes over 25k a year from THAT on TOP of her teacher salary! The woman is phenomenal at what she does. Obviously. Well wouldn't you know what her post was about last week! ? The post was entitled "A Note to Anonymous Who Leaves Mean Comments." Huh????????? Where do you pull out a negative thing to say about this woman as a teacher???? OUT YOUR ASS???? Seriously.
Here's what she has to say:
Dear Anonymous,
I'm not sure why you feel the need to leave mean comments on my blog posts.  In your past comments (which I do delete) you have said that I'm not a good teacher, have no original ideas to share and so on... so I'm just curious...Why do you visit my blog?  Do you download my freebies?  Do ANY of my pictures inspire you to try new things in your classroom?  Am I hurting you in some way?  I'm not sure why you feel the need to be so mean.  I wish I could say that your comments don't hurt my feelings, but that would be a lie.  I can get 20 positive comments to your one comment and do you know which one rings in my ears over and over?   Yep...you guessed it your mean one.  I really hope that you don't make your students feel the way you have made me feel.  I will say a prayer for you that whatever is making you unhappy will be lifted.  
Enjoy your Summer.


It was not a mistake that I happened upon this-things in life don't just "happen". I believe that. I was being prepared for the load I was to bear this week with the negative energy that was going to stampede me. I am NOT alone. I am NOT a bad teacher OR a bad person. I have love for & passion for what I do & it SHOWS daily. I reread the post from this other teacher today-who is WAAAAAAYYYY better at her job than I am, and realize-if she is dealing with the same type of thing and is getting through it-this too shall pass. I will turn this around for my feelings and pray that Karley's mom will find peace in whatever it is she is dealing with, and I will be a  better person as each day passes. 
"love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you"-Matthew 5:44.
Here's hopin' this gets me through anyhow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment