Thursday, June 9, 2011

Birthday Blessings

Made these fun snacks for my birthday treat to share with my students today...we are studying around the theme of pirates/ocean so I went with a "beachy" theme. Found a pile of mini galvanized buckets I had in the craft box from a oriental trading mistake order & thought hmmmmm....filled them with butterscotch pudding, crushed nila wafer "sand" and gummy sharks and was pretty pleased with their outcome. Surprisingly, even the kids who are usually the picky eaters actually enjoyed the change of pace with the butterscotch pudding. 

Then Mike got me THIS :) oh happy day! The last purse I got was from him too....the first christmas we were married!!! It is still my beloved Dooney bucket purse which I refuse to part with, but this Coach gem is pretty smashing I must say! 



At school I was spoiled with an ice cold D&M from Sienna & Jerica (they always spoil me :) remember the cute heartfelt gift from Sienna last year? awwww....
topped with $50 for Disneyland to boot!!!! CRAZY!

My dearest Shannon knows me all too well and showered me with these treasures to adorn my abode:


Dad & Kathleen sent a nice card with these inside! Woo-hoo for a new summer wardrobe!

My sweet student Kamryn got me these trinkets because she told her mom "my teacher LOVES to decorate her house!"-cute 4th of July theme with a yummy rootbeer float scented candle in a cute mason jar mug! Seriously-I burned it today and have been massively craving a rootbeer milkshake from Campus SOOOO bad! ha ha ha. Needless to say-it smells nummers.
but that's not all folks!

Wait for it.....


wait for it....


BAM! Yep-you better believe your eyes! I, Kristi, am the proud new owner of an iPad 2!!!! HOLY SMOKES right????
I haven't felt this spoiled on my birthday since I turned 16 and had a huge party in my parents basement! :) Thank you Mom, Dad, Kathleen, Hollie, Ashley, Chris & Doug for turning this dream gift into a reality for me today! Extra special hugs & kisses go out to my poobee-my one & only, for plotting and planning this special surprise so long ago (from what my dad & sister tell me).  I am impressed and that fact alone makes me feel loved beyond measure. I guess turning 30 isn't so bad. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment